Olin Electric Motorsports Team 2019
65 Engineers. 4 Cars. 1 Mission.
If you can dream it, you can do it. -Enzo Ferrari
Olin Electric Motorsports is an undergraduate student vehicle team dedicated to providing an educational environment for students of all backgrounds to become exceptional engineers. Within the framework of the Formula SAE Student Competition, we teach our engineers invaluable skills in professional design, manufacturing, and project management skills. We are stretching the limits of electric vehicle technology, having a lot of fun doing it, and with your help, are more excited than ever to turn our '18/'19 competition car, Mk.4, from a dream into reality!
This year, our team has grown to over 65 engineers which has allowed us to embark on many new projects and launch new sub-teams. With this significantly larger team, we have set many season goals including:
- Increase the quality of documentation across the team
- Design and manufacture a new high voltage battery based off new architecture
- Meet or exceed aggressive deadlines for design and manufacturing
- Install a multitude of sensors to gather data for informed design decisions
- Manage a team that is twice the size of what we’ve had before
- Thoroughly test last year’s car (Mk. III) to inform Mk. IV design decisions
- Complete all dynamic events at competition
- Complete the car build while leaving ~3 weeks at the end of the year for dynamic testing (driving the car) and improvement
We are hoping to raise $8,000 to finish our car and send the team to competition this year! Not only will we be building our most advanced electric vehicle to date, but your support will help all engineers attend competition this summer. We'll be putting our car to the test against the best schools in the world and learning from industry-professional judges - the culmination of months of design, manufacturing, and testing. We couldn't do any of it without your support!